Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Projects in Tanzania

I will have one week of language and cultural immersion when I arrive in Tanzania. I will learn a few simple words and phrases in Swahili and will be shown around the city and surrounding countryside. I believe I will learn some of the history of the country of Tanzania and see some of the sites. When this happens I will update my blog with photos and comments.

While in Tanzania I have asked to work in three different projects. I am hoping that by working on these different projects I will gain a greater understanding and compassion for the people that I will be coming in contact with.

Projects in Tanzania - I have asked to work for a couple of weeks in an AIDS/HIV centre, a couple of weeks in an orphanage and a couple of weeks with a group of local women from the Maasai tribe, helping them with their craft work that they sell to help support their families.

I believe each will enable me to better help the next, by having seen and experienced the first.

I will keep you posted.

No comments: